Engage in activities and spend some time in nature. There is plenty to do year round, for adults and children alike, as there are many interesting places to see and things to experience in the surrounding areas.
- Fishing: Fish in Lake Kaitajärvi and other nearby waters. You may hire fishing equipment from us. If you wish, we can provide you with fishing advice and organise fishing trips, for example, to the nearby salmon pond 17 kilometres away. We also sell fishing permits.
- Cycling: bicycles for rent
- Badminton and volleyball fields
- For children: A common playhouse and a swing
- The Kolovesi national park: Canoeing, hiking and fishing in the nearby national park
- The picking of berries and mushrooms in late summer and early autumn
- Cross-country skiing: Ski trails in the nearby woods, on the ice and by the ski slope
- Winter fishing: Fishing with nets and salmon jigging
- Downhill skiing: Ski slope 5 kilometres away Winter swimming
- Kick sledding
- Snowmobiling: A connection to snowmobile routes, we rent out a snowmobile
- Snowshoe hiking: We rent out snowshoes
The nearby region
For those interested in culture and sightseeing there are many places of interest within an hour’s drive:
- Valamo monastery and Lintula convent in Heinävesi
- Kerimäki wooden church
- Kitee zoological park
- Savonlinna (e.g. Olavinlinna castle)
- Kesämaa water park, the Retretti art centre and the Lusto forest museum in Punkaharju etc.